DreamScenes usually only features new releases, but this month I want to start with an exception in memory of Pauline Oliveros.
She introduced the concept of Deep Listening – which is only one of the many things she left behind and will be remembered for.
Watertank Software was the very first track I ever heard of her music. Needless to say it left a deep impression.
It was released in 1985 on the amazing Vor Der Flut collection, recorded in an empty watertank with a 45 second reverberation.
Pauline Oliveros- Watertank Software
(From “Vor Der Flut”, 1985)
This december edition is concluded with a track by Mario Batkoviç, who is also exploring the possibilities and limits of the accordeon.
This particular track – Desiderii Patriae, from his forthcoming album Solo – feels like a (probably unintended) tribute to Oliveros’ Deep Listening concept.
Well, so much for the beginning and the end of this edition.
Apart from that: in-between, there’s many other things (… and also many strings).
- 00:00 DreamScenes Intro (Susanna)
- 00:40 Pauline Oliveros – Watertank Software
Vor Der Flut: Hommage An Einen Wasserspeicher, 1985
- 04:45 Johann Jóhannsson – Hydraulic Lift
Arrival OST, 2016
- 07:36 Broads – Israeli Ceramics
Everything Is Spinning, Nobody Is Actually In Charge, 2016 (release December 12)
- 09:52 Jon Hassell – Timeless
Various Artists: Dreamy Harbor, 2017 (Release Jan 27)
- 17:50 Roger Goula – Looking Back To Self Awareness
Overview Effect, 2016
- 24:02 Adam Bryanbaum Wiltzie – The Few Of Us Left
Salero OST, 2016
- 26:57 Utu Lautturi – Masan Laakso
Various Artists: Camp Blue Pines, 2016
- 32:04 Maurizio Abate & Matteo Uggeri – Part 1 (Time)
Beyond Time, 2016
- 35:07 Subheim – Trails
- 42:37 Johann Jóhannsson – Around The Clock News
Arrival OST, 2016
- 43:50 Aeon Waves – Voice From The Underworld
The Place Where Stars Choir, 2016
- 49:11 Dead Light – Sleeper
Dead Light, 2016
- 51:48 Sonmi451 – How Queer Everything Is Today
- 55:47 Mario Batkoviç – Desiderii Patriae
Solo, 2017 (release March 2017)